Monday 6 April 2015

Prep and Prime Before Makeup

Hiya!

I wanted to share my daily ritual of what products I use to prepare my skin for my makeup - I hope you find this useful!

I begin by washing my face with the Clearasil Ultra Blemish + Marks Wash and Mask. This product is great because it is 2-in-1, as the name suggests! By using it in the morning it removes all the excess oils I have on my face from the previous night, leaving it feeling fresh and clean.

£5.79
Next, I move on to my The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner, which I was really excited to first try in November as the Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator has served me well over the past 5 years. By using a cotton pad to sweep it across my face, it really helps to get rid of any impurities the cleanser didn’t quite get off and refreshes my face well - which is perfect for the mornings!

£8.50
Moisturising is a very important step for me as my combination skin can often get very dry in parts of my face, especially in my T-zone. The Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser does the perfect job for me as it replaces all the moisture lost during cleansing and toning, as well as keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day so my makeup doesn’t get cakey. To apply this I put about two pea sized amounts on my fingertips and gently wipe it over my face and massage it in.

£4.50
Around my eyes can also get quite dry, especially with wiping off my mascara every night and wearing my contact lenses far longer than I should, so I like to use the Simple Kind To Eyes Soothing Eye Balm to keep that delicate area of skin as healthy as possible and make my concealer go on smoother. I put half a pea sized amount on one each of my ring fingers and carefully pat it around my eyes.
£3.99
Finally, once this has all dried, I apply my BareMinerals Original Prime Time Foundation Primer. I absolutely adore this product and may do a review on it because it is perfect and definitely my new holy grail! (Have any of you tried it?) To not give too much away, this creates a lovely smooth base for my foundation and really does keep it in place more or less all day. I use one pump to apply it all over my face.
£22
What products do you never leave out of your prep and prime routine?

Sophie x


Instagram: sophhelman
Twitter: @sophie_helman
Spotlight (acting CV): http://www.spotlight.com/8614-3422-7852

6 comments:

  1. Nice routine. I also use the seaweed toner and I really like it :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) it's such a great product! x

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of the Prep and Prime! I love a good primer! xx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really recommend it! such a great primer - best one i've tried :D x

      Delete
  3. I have nominated you to do the Liebster Award tag because I think you have a great blog! For more information you can check my post here: http://laurenmarshali.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/liebster-award.html It's a great way to get your blog noticed! Once you've finished, let me know as I'd love to read your answers! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks so much, that's so lovely of you!! can't wait to answer all the questions tomorrow! - i'll let you know when i'm done :) x

      Delete